Do you cook in batches and the new trend of cooking in advance for the whole week or even a month and freezing them in portions makes the rest of the month easier?
What if it is actually making you sick long-term?
What if cooking every second day might take 15 mins and yet keep your gut health amazingly well plus help you lose weight, and help you fight autoimmune diseases?
What if it can be the answer to 100s of $$$ you spend on skin-glowing creams? Fresh food is the answer to the
If you want some recipes that take 10 mins in prep and are full of goodness plus feed a family, hit us up on Drink Fit or keep an eye on our blogs for more recipes
According to Ayurveda, fresh, cooked food is considered to be the most nourishing and easily digestible. Here are some reasons why fresh, cooked food is emphasized in Ayurveda:
- Increases digestibility: Cooking breaks down food and makes it easier for the body to digest and absorb its nutrients.
- Enhances taste and aroma: Cooking enhances the taste and aroma of food, which can stimulate the digestive fire (Agni) and increase appetite.
- Kills harmful bacteria: Cooking kills harmful bacteria and parasites that may be present in food, reducing the risk of foodborne illness.
- Reduces toxins: Cooking can reduce the levels of natural toxins present in some foods, such as lectins in grains and goitrogens in cruciferous vegetables.
- Supports overall health: Consuming fresh, cooked food is believed to support overall health and balance the three doshas (biological energies) in the body, according to Ayurveda
- It’s important to note that Ayurveda also emphasizes the importance of consuming seasonal, locally grown foods and avoiding processed and preserved foods. Additionally, Ayurveda suggests eating food that is appropriate for your individual needs and digestive capacity, and avoiding overeating and eating at irregular times.
- If you do run short of time cooking for yourself each day, then use these 3 easy tips
- Eat salad 1nce a day and that can be stored for the next day easily
- Cook 10 mins easy meals, use my favorite bible of Jamie Olivers 5 ingredients recipes
- Make easy soups that take 10 mins max while you develop a love for cooking